Thomson Reuters Drug News
Dynamic, relevant drug news and email alerts posted every business day
Every business day, Thomson Reuters Drug News selects the latest, most important drug discovery and development news, places it in context, and presents it online and as email alerts in a clear, concise format that makes it easy to discover the important facts at a glance.
You can search quickly on all sources, limiting your search to the period of time, drug name, patent number, company, university, institute, therapeutic category or group, type of compound, or information source relevant to your research. You can then link through to Thomson Reuters Integrity ® to read the full report and explore its contextual information. Thomson Reuters Drug News contains an archive of news covering drug R&D since 1996, with chemical structure images.
editor's choiceFDA grants orphan drug designation to GW's cannabidiol for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
Mon Apr 27, 2015 | Section: Neurologic Disorders
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to GW Pharmaceuticals' cannabidiol for use in treating newborn children with neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. GW has developed an intravenous cannabidiol formulation for use in this patient population. Publications from the company's preclinical research have shown that cannabidiol ...
- Mon Apr 27, 2015 | Section: Drug design, Drug Delivery & Technologies
- GTx licenses University of Tennessee SARD technology
- Mon Apr 27, 2015 | Section: Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Positive European opinion on methylnaltrexone bromide for opioid-induced constipation
- Mon Apr 27, 2015 | Section: Infections
- Phase III success with single-dose dalbavancin regimen for Gram-positive skin infections
An alerting service presenting a table, updated weekly, of the most promising compounds entering preclinical development, lead compounds and new mechanisms of action.
A weekly alerting service from Integrity presenting changes detected in the status of drugs currently under active development.
- Apr 22 - Apr 26 2015, Vienna
- 50th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
- Apr 18 - Apr 22 2015, Philadelphia
- 106th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Apr 15 - Apr 18 2015, Geneva
- 5th European Lung Cancer Conference
- Mar 28 - Apr 1 2015, Boston
- Experimental Biology
- Mar 28 - Mar 31 2015, Salt Lake City
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Mar 28 - Apr 1 2015, Colorado Springs
- 15th International Congress on Schizophrenia Research
- Mar 26 - Mar 29 2015, Milan
- World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Mar 22 - Mar 25 2015, Glasgow
- 83rd European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) Congress
- Mar 22 - Mar 26 2015, Denver
- 249th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting
- Mar 22 - Mar 26 2015, San Diego
- 54th Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology